There is an Intel TXT enabling guide from Intel website:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-trusted-execution-technology-intel-txt-enabling-guide#_Toc383534400.

-ning

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Zaman [mailto:ja...@perfinion.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:36 PM
To: Brian E Luckau <bluc...@sgi.com>
Cc: 'tboot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net' <tboot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [tboot-devel] no console will be available to OS

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 07:51:16PM -0600, Brian E Luckau wrote:
> Hey, 1.9.4 worked a lot better for me! I had tried a similar exercise
> ca few weeks ago with whatever was the latest build at the time, but
> could have been doing something else wrong for all I know.
>
> This time, I took the same configuration that I mentioned from 30
> minutes ago but with tboot 1.9.4 and now it is booting. Hopefully I
> can move on to the next steps in using Trusted Boot.

The documentation for this all is a bit all over the place. I tried to document
it all in the gentoo wiki when I got things working from help from this ML.
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Trusted_Boot

> On 08/10/2016 07:26 PM, Brian E Luckau wrote:
> > Thank you for the tips.  I had indeed been trying to get output on
> > serial as well but not getting anything.
> > I got serial output to happen successfully this time; this is my
> > current line in grub.cfg:
> >
> > multiboot2      /tboot.gz /tboot.gz logging=serial,memory,vga
> > loglvl=all serial=115200,8n1,0x2f8
> >
> > Now I'm able to get more information on serial (after adding that
> > serial= entry)
> >
> > It turns out it is hanging at
> >
> > TBOOT: transfering control to kernel @0x1000000...
> >
> > SO... I would venture to say people who write in with the "no
> > console will be available to OS" problem are barking up the wrong
> > tree, like I was. If you can get the serial output then more might
> > come to light about what is really happening.
> >
> > We may need to try this on better TXT-enabled hardware with the
> > right BIOS. However, I'm confused at the fact that it hangs here if
> > we are using UEFI but not if we are using legacy grub.

Tboot isnt a UEFI aware thing, so you still need to have some compat stuff
turned on. In my Thinkpad T440s, I have to enable "CSM" otherwise it just dies.
With CSM enabled, UEFI+grub2+multiboot2 works fine tho.
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Trusted_Boot#BIOS_configuration

Another thing you can try, if it is resetting and you want to be sure that its
happening after tboot, put a while(1) {} in tboot right before the jump to the
kernel and see if it hangs.

You can also boot into the UEFI shell after a reset and run "mem fed30030 4"
and see what the error code was set to when it died.

-- Jason