I have had more luck with 1.9.4.  Still haven't been able to get tboot
fully up with UEFI.

This is the technique I used to get as much as possible on the screen
though:
(this is from grub2)

multiboot /boot/tboot.gz /boot/tboot.gz logging="serial,memory"
loglvl="all" serial="115200,8n1,ttyS1"
module /boot/${kernel} /boot/${kernel} MAC=${mac} ${kernel_cmdline}

module /boot/${initrd} /boot/${initrd}
boot