Hi,

On Mon, 25 May 2020, Timo Lindfors wrote:
I only see the "original e820 map:" listing. I'm trying to get serial console to make this easier to debug and to compare how warm-boot and cold-boot differs without having to compare photos from the screen.

I bought a second-hand Thinkpad R400 and Thinkpad type 2504 dock that includes a serial port. Then I soldered a relay to the power button and wrote a tool that lets me say

baremetal_run -o foo.tar foo.img

to run "foo.img" on real hardware and to collect network, serial, audio and video output automatically.

Internally this works by setting the laptop boot order so that it tries
to boot from network first and then from local hard disk. By changing the DHCP configuration I can alternate between PXE booting an initrd that
writes an image to disk and booting from local disk.

Anyways, with the help of this I was able to run git bisect. It tells me that the first bad commit is

changeset:   562:77bca150d0d5
user:        Lukasz Hawrylko <lukasz.hawry...@intel.com>
date:        Fri Feb 21 11:07:00 2020 +0100
summary:     Add support for EFI memory map parse/modification

Any idea on how to debug this further?

-Timo