Hi Tomo

On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 02:22 +0300, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 25 May 2020, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> > I only see the "original e820 map:" listing. I'm trying to get serial
> > console
> > to make this easier to debug and to compare how warm-boot and cold-boot
> > differs without having to compare photos from the screen.
>
> I bought a second-hand Thinkpad R400 and Thinkpad type 2504 dock that
> includes a serial port. Then I soldered a relay to the power button and
> wrote a tool that lets me say
>
> baremetal_run -o foo.tar foo.img
>
> to run "foo.img" on real hardware and to collect network, serial, audio
> and video output automatically.
>
> Internally this works by setting the laptop boot order so that it tries
> to boot from network first and then from local hard disk. By changing the
> DHCP configuration I can alternate between PXE booting an initrd that
> writes an image to disk and booting from local disk.
>

> Anyways, with the help of this I was able to run git bisect. It tells me
> that the first bad commit is
>
> changeset:   562:77bca150d0d5
> user:        Lukasz Hawrylko <lukasz.hawry...@intel.com>
> date:        Fri Feb 21 11:07:00 2020 +0100
> summary:     Add support for EFI memory map parse/modification
>

> Any idea on how to debug this further?
>
> -Timo

That's awesome idea to create such environment for an automated testing.

I understand that still you have the same behaviour - cold boot failing,
reboot after Linux working, correct? Please add "dump_memmap=true" to
TBOOT's command line it should enable dumping of EFI memory map.

If you don't see this dump in failing scenario please add
"set debug=mmap" to grub.cfg, now GRUB should print that.

Than you can compare if there are any differences in EFI memory map
between passing and failing scenario. Please also send me both logs.

Commit, that you have mentioned, adds EFI memory map parsing in TBOOT to
exclude memory occupied by EFI boot services from internal allocator. I
had to do that because in some platforms BIOS puts there data that Linux
wants to access and TBOOT overwrites it.

Thanks,
Lukasz