Hello Roelof,
Friday, June 21, 2002, 4:28:11 PM, you wrote:

LR>> I remember that behavior. I no longer use GoldEd since 1995, but I was a
LR>> great GoldEd fan in the Fido era, it was a GREAT message editor.

RO> That's a somewhat egocentric statement. ;-)

Well, mosty Italiocentric. :-) I live in Zone 33, I mean Italy fon non-Fido
people.
In 1995 we had a boom of Internet due to some providers (now closed) that
gave away the connections for nothing (just sign on, fil in the module and
that's it! No pay, except for the phone call).
With this kind of "prices" Fido suffered very much and by the mid of 1995 the
Echo areas were nearly empty.
I started in 1986 and I have been moderator of a lot of Italian Echo areas
and the "official" maintainer of the Italian PointList and something else...
:-))

RO> Just because you quit fidonet, it didn't stop.

I know. Few years ago in Net 332 (Central-North Italy) we had a new BBS on
the list, according to a close friend.

Ciao,
Luigi

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows 2000
5.0 Build 2195
Service Pack 2

--
 Luigi                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]