On 18 October 1999 at 04:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] told the list:

>> It  scrolls  through  the message and then jumps to the next message,
>> regardless  of  whether read or unread. It works perfectly, and there
>> is no need for any bug report. ;-)

KR> I guess it depends on what you want to do. Assume you have messages
KR> sorted by ASCENDING date. Do you want to read the most recent message
KR> first, then the next most recent, and so forth, moving back through
KR> time? In other words, do you want to read the response before the
KR> original message? If so, then it works perfectly...

KR> To me, it's a bug; to you, maybe not. Maybe it would be best to have
KR> an option to set the behavior.

Now  we're  getting  to  a  sensible  zone on a related "complaint". The
recent  interface  changes  included  the  much  maligned  change to the
Next/Previous  message  buttons  which  now  have  left/right instead of
up/down arrows.

*If*  these  buttons  really meant Next/Previous regardless of direction
then  1)  the  issue you just raised disappears and 2) the graphic makes
sense  in  that  up/down  direction  loses relevance while previous/next
logic is simplified.

AKL>>> Ctrl+] - jump to the next unread (inside the current folder
AKL>>> _only_)

>> Yes, and I don't think there is a way to jump to an unread message in
>> anotehr folder.

(see below)

AKL>>> Ctrl+[ - jump to the previous _unread_ (inside the current folder
AKL>>> _only_)

>> As for these "short" keys, somebody suggested to change these to N for
>> Next Unread and so on, I think the suggestions were based on
>> Agent - I think that would be a good idea. Ctrl-] is really awkward to
>> use.

KR> Absolutely agree.

Personally,  I  sort  by  creation date, ascending and use the ticker to
review  all  incoming mail. I get a single review folder for the purpose
containing all of the unread mail (and *only* the unread mail) and I can
space-bar  /  cursor  / <Alt>Cursor through *all* of my new mail without
any problem or hindrance.

Cheers,
Marck
--
Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists