>>> Is this easily do-able and, if so, what steps do I need to take?

>> Move the contents of the program directory and all subdirectories to
>> the new PC. That's all.

> He needs to export the registry key for The Bat! and import it  in his
> new machines registry. In order for the registry keys to function
> properly, he should also make sure that he copies The Bat! directory
> to a drive of the same name as on the old machine.

One approach that I've taken _countless_ times and which doesn't involve
touching the registry (but which _does_ preserve all the account
settings...) is:
1. Reinstall TB! wherever you want it.
2. When it automatically starts running, kill it.
3. Copy all of the ./mail/* stuff over to your new installation
4. Start TB! and then start re-creating your accounts... just specify
   the folder (if your account name is different than your folder
   name... if not, you can leave it on default...)

This approach does lose things such as your editor preferences, whether
or not you have the ticker going, etc... (ie/ the preferences that are
global rather than account-specific) but templates, macros, servers,
filters, etc. are all saved.

What does exporting the registry help save?