\\\|///
                     / ~ _ \
                    (- O o -)
------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------------------------
Hello tracer,

t> Doesnt mean there is no access to your mail...
t> You can even have visitors with a firewall!
t> I haven never seen a Ms product without a hole here and there....
no, but my mail is as 'save' as everyone's... (maybe a bit safer,
cause progs like backorifice or Netbus don't stand a chance behind a
proxy... - or am I mistaken here?)

t> never seen that before as if you have a standard ide or SCSI interface
t> Linux SHOULD find the drives you want to install on.
t> if done properly its also a lot more secure.
no, only dos finds the drives...
even worse: if there's no dos in my boot-sector, the bios won't even
recognise the disk... (and that goes for nt as well... I'm forced to
running 95/98 systems...)

t> Linux has many oddities (especially the ones I run as they are
t> development versions) but I never had problems finding drives
as said before: the problem isn't just linux, but also sco-unix, beos,
and now even NT...
the only clue I have is my bios setting:
since it's a rather old motherboard, I'm forced to use 'extended
chs'... lba-mode finds about 500 mb of a 3.1GB disk...

I think it has something to do with that... but I can't figure out why
the bios rejects the drive if there's no dos-bootrecord...

t> (unless you are talking DMA66 but thats kind of unlikely!!)
for the record: I just bought 2 13GB-UDMA66 drives for 150$ each...
(yep, new ones, fully tested & working!)

they aren't that unlikely anymore :-)
motherboards that support udma66 however...

--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking
good either.

                 .oooO
                 (   )   Oooo.
                         (_/