Hello Thomas Fernandez,

On Monday, November 22, 1999, 13:54:45 (GMT +07:00) you told us:

TF> I just checked and was told we use MS Exchange version 5.5

OK.

TF> Just  tried  to  send a message to one of my accounts via our SMTP
TF> server, and the below is what happened.

TF> When  I  use  my address book and the address I send to is "mozart
TF> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"  (without quotation marks), the error
TF> message  will  say that mozart is not recognized, i.e. seeing only
TF> the "Real Name" not even the email address.

That's    not    happen    to    me.   I   can   send (for example)
To: Syafril Hermansyah<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
no problem (note: I set accepted domain = dutaint.co.id).

TF> I  feel  that  the  Exchange  server means "not recognized in this
TF> domain" in both cases, and never tries to send it into cyberspace.

This is setting in "Relay Control" at Internet Mail Connector.
The  default  setting  for Exchange MTA is to accept or reject message
came to them, if match the domain list = accepted otherwise rejected.

In  my  case  all  message  came from POP3 or IMAP set to route via my
Relay  Host (i.e. My Mdaemon Mail Server). Please check to the routing
table in Internet Mail Connector.

TF> Most  of the time, however, I do not even get an error message. By
TF> mistake,  I  forgot  to  reset  the SMTP seerver after these tests
TF> before  sending  this  post,  and my email just disappeared. (I am
TF> resending this post now after adding this paragrph.)

TF> So   I   can  send  messages  only  to  users  within  the  domain
TF> "aafi.com.tw"  with  The  Bat!.  Colleagues  using Outlook have no
TF> problems sending to the outside world.

Outlook with Exchange transport ? Of course no problem.

TF> Something wrong in my TB settings, as you said you have tested it
TF> successfully?

Yes, see header of this message, I send this message via Exchange.

TF> ===8<==========This is a forwarded message=============
TF> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
TF> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
TF> Date: Monday, November 22, 1999, 2:18:56 PM
TF> Subject: Undeliverable: Fwd: Re: MS Exchange (was:Wish List)

TF> Your message

This happen to me without modification of Routing Table.

--
- syafril -

Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Voice   : (62) (21) 385-1600
URL     : www.dutaint.co.id      | FAX     : (62) (21) 351-9241

I am using The Bat! 1.38 Beta/2 (reg) under
Windows NT Workstation 4.0 built 1381, Service Pack 6

Created : Monday, November 22, 1999, 14:07:08 (GMT + 07:00)