Hi all!

TF> Furthermore, the "cleaning up" (purging and compressing folders) takes
TF> ages (sometimes 10-15 minutes). Does that have to be so slow?

Even in case when some folder has just been compressed, deleting single message
and recompessing seems to be a function of a number of messages in the folder -
and I am afraid, not linear.

Well, it looks like a common scale-up problem for app' efficiency. We want to
introduce some functionality, so we implement it in a way that it works somehow,
not the best or fastest way -- but works. After customers've become outraged by
app's results in theirs particular conditions, much stronger than developer's
ones - developers start to think what to do.

It is normal for any software development process - but in the case of RIT we
have rather large quality assurance team - that list for releases and TBBETA for
betas (though releases often looks like GA).

Linux testing looks like that -- but it is a very different domain and bugs like
one described by Thomas are fixed faster, even if fix requires re-design.

Let's wait for TB! 2 - I wish TB! all the best!

--
Alexander Drunin
SPb, Russia

Using The Bat! 1.38
under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 4