On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:48:04 +0800, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

[....]
AM>> I sort my messages by the received time though I leave that column out
AM>> of my mail listing.

> I don't understand how you can sort on a parameter you leave out. Do
> you mean you are not sorting them at all, just leave them in the order
> they come in?

Yes, I don't use the received column at all. I wish to see creation
dates, not received dates. Sorting by time received does do a better
job for me for TBUDL mail than sorting by creation time. Messages with
time stamps reflecting incorrect times on the original senders
computer fall appropriately into line.

You may sort according to received time using the 'View | Sort by'
options even though the received time column is not visible in the
message listing.

--
Ali Martin                     |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ "Great spirits often meet violent opposition with mediocre minds ]
____