Hi Steve Lamb,

On Mittwoch, 22. Dezember 1999 at 18:02:39 you wrote:

>> Another  thing is the serial number of the Pentium-III. This can be
>> checked  while  you're  web browsing (I was told), and that *is* an
>> invasion  of  privacy.  Actually  a reason for me not to stick with
>> Intel.

That's  not  really  different,  that's  exactly the point. Just go to
www.deja.com and have a look at their search facility by mail address.
You  can trace some person around, sometimes over the last some years.
You  can exactly follow their flow of interest. You can see if he ever
forgot  using  the  anonymizer  when  posting  to  his  favourite porn
newsgroup.  You  can  have  a  look  at  the  headers  in his original
postings.

(I  know  I  can't post directly in a newsgroup with The Bat!, deja is
just   an  example  for  a  search  engine  that's  already  a  little
fargoing... Anyway, many mailing lists are mirrored on usenet.)

Oliver Sturm

--
Oliver Sturm / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996