On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:52:16 +0000, Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

> Are you sure about that? Here is the original question again:

>> I am switching from Eudora to The Bat. I receive a php mailinglist
>> in digest form. It displayed in the message in Eudora, but in The
>> Bat it is displaying as a series of attachments with names such as
>> php.73111. Is there a way to get the whole thing to display in the
>> message, as per Eudora?

> "In a message" what was meant by that, then? I remember Eudora
> showing digests as a single long message.

        Yes, you are right. I was not following the whole thing. I had
simply focused on what you wrote (believe it or not:)). Now why would
Eudora do a thing like that? The other list to which I'm subscribed
offers their mail in simple digest as well as MIME digest format. The
simple digest comprises a message containing a single message body of
streaming text containing all message bodies together.

        You therefore have both formats to choose from. It would seem
that Eudora condemns you to one format always. Yuk.

>>> FWIW,  if  the  attachments  are content type Text then they should
>>> appear as Tabs at the bottom of the view window ...

AM>> This is not what happens

> It is. I've seen it happen. Not necessarily with the TBUDL digest. Not
> with  all digests. Maybe not with MIME digests.

        I thought that we were speaking only about MIME digests here.
You were one step ahead of me. If you send a simple text file as an
attachment then yes TB's internal viewer will display it and the tab
will appear at the bottom as you said. Pretty much like what happens
with gifs and html messages.

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.39 «‡» Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)