Hi there!

On 31 Jan 00, at 0:18, Peter Steiner wrote
    about "Re: Signature Thing Frustration":

> > P.S. For all of you struggling with the sig delimiters, proper & improper ones:
> > why the hell not write a *simple* regexp instead of relying on TB's built-in sig-
> > stripping capabilities? This way one can catch not only the "proper" delimiter
> > (dash-dash-space), but also:
> > (i) improper one (dash-dash-newline), it would be --\n in regexp;
> > (ii) the one "delt with" PGP (after PGP signing it becomes dash-space-dash-
> > dash-space-newline: -\s--\s\n)?
> > Just a question:-) Anybody needs the working regexp? I'm starting the votes
> > collection;-)
>
> I don't want to take away Alexanders pleasure making up a *simple*
> Regexp, (i know that he can do very complicated ones) but i posted
> one that does a similar job some weeks ago in tbbeta. I have used it
> since then and it seems to work quite well. Additionally to the
> feature list above it does

Ah, yeah, please excuse me, Peter, but I really have completely forgotten
about that one of yours;-( You see, I'm not using TB right now (hope the
things will change with ver.2 although;-)), and therefore I happily forgot about
your regexp. My apologies... Anyhow, the "simple" variant has been already
posted here by me, so why don't you make a repost of the "complicated" thing
you had posted on TBBETA?

BTW, I think the trick shouldn't be done with *one* regexp, I rather think two
or more subsequent calls should be used. This would simplify the maintenance
of the whole thing. For example, first strip off the signature, then apply another
regexp that would strip away the PGP stuff (the PGP signature itself is likely to
be already removed at this point, BTW; hence chances are that only PGP
header is left to be trashed)...

As far as I understand, such approach would make the parser a bit slower,
but OTOH will help the "user" type of our audience to keep their hands "on
pulse" of the abovementioned regexps;-)

> (iii) strip the PGP signature (which makes the Regexp not that
>       simple anymore)
>
> but it does not (i) But this is easy to fix. Just insert |--\n at
> the right position ;-))

Yup;-) Now tell them all what's right position...

> To not interfere with the vote taking, i don't repost the Regexp
> now (anybody can look it up in the tbbeta archive, look for "REGEXP
> example"), and i don't tell the exact position of the fix just
> now ;-))

Hey, you're of sadistic disposition then;-)?

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---