On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:28:38 +0900, John De Hoog wrote:

>     1. Configure the folder options to leave messages in the base
>     for only 8 days. This can be done for the Send folder as well.
>     Let it purge messages automatically after that period.

>     2. Use an automated backup program to save the mail database,
>     preferably to a different volume than the one The Bat! is on, as
>     generational archives.

        I have all my archives in a separate account as Steve so aptly
suggested. I upkeep those manually and. I do automatically archive
both my e-mail accounts folders and also my archive account folder
weekly to my zip drive. I store them as .rar archives.

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.39 *:* Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)