Hello István Szendrő,
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:14:05 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Thursday, March 02, 2000, 1:14:05 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
István Szendrő wrote:

> Hello Steve,

> Wednesday, March 01, 2000, 7:15:17 PM, you wrote:

SL>>     The point I was trying to make isn't that the program was doing something,
SL>> the point was that what the program /was/ doing wasn't confirmed by a
SL>> reputable source as anything contrary to what the user was told.  To be blunt
SL>> about it, a good portion of what those DLLs do I laughed at because I can't
SL>> see how it really effectively could do most of it.

SL>>     The time to worry is when a /REPUTABLE/ source, not a joe-blow dorkwad on
SL>> angelfire (AKA, can't even afford web space of his own) who most likely
SL>> suffers from rectal-cranial inversion says that someone is doing something
SL>> wrong and sneaky.

> Would a security expert be reputable enough to you to be credible?

> You and those concerend about the matter may want to read this
> statement made by Dale A. Haag from Net-Defender (527 Hedgecroft,
> Seabrook, TX 77586; Phone: 281-532-1488)

> http://grc.com/dalehaag.zip

Added that grc.net is maintained by a guy called Steve Gibson who is  a hard
disk expert, a damned good programmer (Spinrite being on of his
products)
In case anyone wants to test he has some excellent primers on the site
about firewalls and has some scripts setup to test the holes in your
system...

Thanks for the post as I didnt know about this zipfile sitting there!

In case anyone runs 256 colours, he got the most fantastic small and
fast and assembler written screen savers or graphical trick programs
you can imagine.

Also special scsi drivers, the analysing stuff for click of death
zips/Jazz drives.

Best regards,

tracer
--

Using theBAT 1.41 Beta/3 with Windows 98
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]