Hi there!

On 17 Mar 00, at 0:31, Michael Wieczorek wrote
    about "Re: Using Macros for header (%RETUR":

> Hello Alexander!
>
> (A) if the reply-address (entered in "Edit User"-General) is different
> from my send address respectivly my From-Address, TB set the
> "Return-Path:" to the reply-address resp. "Reply-To:"

Nope, I cannot confirm this. Here is what TB sends to the SMTP server in this
case:

-----8<-------
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:22:41 +0300
From: "Alexander V. Kiselev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: check from the bat...

check

---------8<----------

> Example:
> ---8<---------
> Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:27:05 +0100

I'll bet the Return-Path: in your example has been added by _your_ SMTP
server, NOT by TB. The reason might be the will of your sysadmin to ensure
that the automated replies (like mailing lists traffic after you subscribe) goes to
gmx address, NOT your send-address.

> (B) in this case the originator is - for me :-) -
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], is'nt it? Not [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, but it seems to me that your sysadmin made his best to hide the fact;-)

> In your case "From" and "Reply-To" are the _same_ addresses. Try
> another address for "Reply-To:".

I did. See above.

> AVK> Note the _absence_ of the return-path: field. The latter field is added by the
> AVK> "transport system that deliveres message to the recipient", not by the
> AVK> originator (in this case, me, or, better to say, TB;-))
>
> It is strange that _TB_ set the return-path...

It does not.

> (C) The problem - _my_ problem :-) is that my provider reject mails
> which "return-path" is not the "From:"-address to avoid spamming or other ugly
> things. So the "Reply-To"-entry in the "Edit User"-dialog is useless
> for me... :-(  But I need this feature.

See my other message, please;-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---