On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 06:55:52  -0500, Allie Martin wrote:

>         I found NT4 and now Win2k opinions to be quite polar in
> quality. :) There are those having serious problems and hitting their
> heads with frying pans <eek>, and there are those having little or no
> problems at all. I've been exposed to more of the latter group, myself
> being one of them. It's just now that I'm hearing third hand negative
> stuff from Alex, and Tracer has had his own personal experience with
> incompatible hardware so ....

The unusual aspect of it all was that my archived copy of The Bat! 1.39
was running just fine under Windows 2000 when I decided to start from
scratch and import all of my old Outlook stuff over which is slightly
more up-to-date than what I had with The Bat!  That's when the problems
started.

I will do another clean install of Win2k at some stage with a
completely clean install of The Bat!.  If that doesn't go well, then
I've wasted 16 UK pounds for a product that has potential compatibility
problems with Win2k.  I've currently purchased and am using PMMail 2000
which is currently working well for me.

For the most part, things are running extremely smoothly under Win2k,
but I just can explain what the heck has happened with my copy of The
Bat!

;(

Regards,

        Martyn