Hi there!

On 1 May 00, at 9:18, Allie Martin wrote
    about "Re: TB! WishList":

> > Nah, I don't like this idea. Suppose I'm working with the separate folder view
> > (separate window), and now I want to look at yet another message _in the
> > same_ folder. Now I just go to the three-pane view, open the message I was
> > after and work with it, the separate window staying where it was left. How will I
> > be supposed to achieve the same if the cursor movements were
> > synchronized? And yet another thing. Now you can open _more_then_one_
> > separate view window for the same folder. Do you really suggest that the
> > cursor movement in all these is synchronized? Then what's the hell's sense of
> > having the ability to open, say, 10 instances of the same folder in separate
> > windows??? If you synchronize them all, it will be absolutely unusable IMHO.
>
> Valid points indeed. :-)  It's good to know the methods behind the
> "apparent"  madness. <vbg>

Yeah, this "apparent madness" would become even less "apparent" <vbg> if
one could drag'n'drop messages _between_ the different windows of TB.
Usually this stuff is implemented by allowing to "drop" the dragged object to
the button of the corresponding window in the taskbar. I'd say this method is
much faster and more visually intuitive then the currently implemented (via the
menus or the context menu). The latter makes me sick;-)

Besides, I'd sure wish to be able to attach the messages like the normal files,
and this could be implemented the same way: dragging the message from
whatever different place onto the message composer button on the task bar.
Finally, this could be made to support the wish I've heard on TBUDL lately: to
include the text of any message into the text of the currently-composed one
using drag'n'drop.

This kind of functionality can be considered as my own "favourite peeve";-))

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---