Dear David,

@9-Dec-2010, 09:33  David [D] in
mid:201012993352.649...@sd-e657e995c056 said:

>> Cheers --  Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user TB!
>> v5.0.0.115 on Windows 7
>> 6.1.7600

D> I note from your signature that you are currently test out
D> version 5 of The Bat. Are you able to
D> give some indication of when that will be released please.

The usual pattern is for RITlabs to release an Xmas edition just
before the 25th. This year may be different since V5 is based on a
completely rewritten code-set, with the particular aim of much
better IMAP support. The result is a Bat with a lot of new bugs,
which RITlabs will work very hard to clear up before the 25th, but
some of these have persisted from the Alpha version.

So usually, I would say it categorically - by the 25th. This year,
I'm not so certain. Sorry to be so vague, but there have been
several times in the long Bat history (I've been a user for 12+
years) that RITlabs have forced a version out because of a deadline
date and not becuase software testing was complete and bugs were
cleared. This has caused a lot of discontent and, these days, they
are more keen on making a release when a decent level of stability
has been acheived.

--
'