Hello MFPA and Rick,

Sunday, December 2, 2012, 5:26:34 PM, you wrote:

M> On Sunday 2 December 2012 at 4:42:28 PM, in
M> <mid:9510284482.20121202114...@grunwalds.com>, Rick wrote:

>> I  don't  get that but I have the statls to a regular
>> port for POP and to a dedicated port for smtp

M> No issues here either. The POP server I use is pop.gmail.com, and
M> the settings are "Secure to Dedicated Port (TLS)" using Port 995.
M> Behind the "Authentication..." button, the only thing I have selected
M> is "Regular."

M> And for SMTP:
M> smtp.gmail.com, "Secure to Regular Port (STARTTLS)" Port 587

I believe I have very similar settings.  For SMTP, I have "Secure to
dedicated port (TLS)" and port 465, but I can _send_ mail just fine.
For POP, I have "Secure to dedicated port (TLS)" and port 995, which
have worked just fine for years - until about a week ago.

I vaguely recall, a few years ago, having to delete an account and
rebuilding it with the same message store, but don't recall what the
issue was.  Could this be similar?

 Lee

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows Vista 6.0 Build  6002
Service Pack 2