Hello Sam,

M>> Once you get the drop-down, use the down arrow key to 'enter' the list
M>> and then use the up or down arrow keys to scroll through it. When you
M>> get to the address you want to delete, just hit Delete. This has always
M>> worked here.
>
> That does work if you're in the double-arrow dropdown list, but it
> does not work on the dropdown menu that appears when you start typing
> in the field, which I think is what everyone is referring to when they
> are asking this question.

The drop-down list (menu, as you call it) that appears when you start
typing is a list that is built on the fly with addresses from Address
Book, or To history or both, that match the characters that you have
typed so far. You can see that it is built on the fly if, once it
appears, you type one or more characters. So, as the shown list as such
does not exist in any file (like the To history does) you cannot delete
from it. If you want to delete one or more addresses, you will have to
do so from the AB or the To history.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v5.3.8.4 (BETA)
My photos at: http://www.Rancho-K.com