> I am using %TOFNAME. Is that the correct macro?

Probably not, if I understand what you want to do. TOFNAME will use the
first name of the first entry of the TO field, and if one addressee has
various ways of entering his address (so that your reply's TO field will
not be consistent) then the result will not be consistent either.

Have you tried ABTOFirstName instead? I've not used it, but according to
the help file in my very old version of TB it ought to do what you're
after...

Jim                            mailto:j...@jimkyle.com

Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 3 on VirtualBox 3.2.12 under Xubuntu 10.04.2 with
AntiSpamSniper Version 3.2.4.5