On Tue, 2013-04-30, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> And for those who said that the fonts don't travel with the message:
> Try to enable the HTML viewer in your TB!. I have it enabled, because
> I receive many emails in which formatting is needed, for example
> tables.

OK, this is going to get nitpicky and techy!

A "typeface" is a description of the relative shapes of the
characters, like "Arial", "Comic Sans MS", or "Times New Roman".
These can take huge files of pseudo-code to specify. They are not
usually sent with an HTML message.

Technically, a "font" is when the typeface is further
constrained by size (e.g., 12 point), weight (regular, bold),
color and sometimes other attributes (e.g., strikethru).

What gets sent with an HTML email is a font "description" for each
particular string of characters (font names, size, weight, color, etc).

Note that "font names" is a list of names in order to try on the
receiving end. For example ("Arial", "Helvetica", "san serife")
This means: use Arial if you've got it, otherwise use Helvetica,
or as a last resort use your default san serife font).

In any case once an acceptable font has been found, the size,
weight, color, etc. are then applied.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill McQuillan <bill.mcquil...@pobox.com>
Using The Bat! 5.0.20.1 on Windows 7 6.1 build 7601-Service Pack 1