Hi Roelof,

Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 3:13:41 PM, you wrote:

A>> c.  Does  this  mean outgoing messages will be encrypted such that the
A>> recipient will need a key to open the messages or, am I confusing what
A>> is called "PGP" with message base encryption?
RO>
RO> The messages will be sent unencrypted unless you're using somnething
RO> like PGP.

 How  does  PGP  work?   Can  I  use  it  with  my "pro" version or is
 something else required?

 Functionally,  if  I  choose  to use this with each client, does each
 client   receive   a  separate key?  How does the client get the key?
 Is  it  sent  via  regular  e-mail?   If  so, were THAT piece of mail
 hacked, that would compromise security, wouldn't it?

  What will the e-mail look like to
 someone who does not have the key?

 The  point here is to figure out to what degree I can use e-mail with
 clients and maintain client confidentiality.

RO> As for starting OTFE.
RO> Create a backup with TB.
RO> Unistall TB
RO> Delete the existing message base
RO> Delete the registry settings for TB
RO> Install TB again
RO> On TB's first run tell it to  use OTFE
RO> Restore the backup

Thanks,  so  much,  for  your  help.   Again,  these may be elementary
questions, but I want to make sure this is done right.

When  I  delete  the existing message base, how do I do this?  Through
Windows Explorer?  What files will I be looking for?

How  does  one  delete  registry setting for TB?   Again, it is likely
obvious   to   experts,   but   for   the rest of us mortals... not so
easy.

Once OTFE is started, will backups also be encrypted?

Thanks.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat!  Professional Ed. ver. 5.3.6.0 on WinXP sp3