Hello Jack,

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:27:12 -0500 GMT (12-Aug-13, 05:27 +0700 GMT),
Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

TF>> I believe you would have had the same result had you deleted the index
TF>> file as I suggested. ;-) Too late now to check.

> In retrospect it sure would have been easier to simply rename the MESSAGES.TBN
> file as you originally suggested instead of going through the procedures I
> eventually undertook.  But my abject fear of losing all 1900-plus messages
> caused me to exercise an absurd amount of caution.  Remember, this was my
> wife's
> TB!  Somehow, it just seemed safer to do it the way I eventually did.

Better safe than sorry, I agree. that's why I always "rename" when
someone suggests "delete". ;-)

TF>> Yeah, just delete them. They are not needed anymore and just slow down
TF>> your system.

> Anymore?  That implies that they were needed at some point in the past does it
> not?  Were they generated from previous versions and then just never cleaned
> out
> with successive upgrades?

TB! downloads the messages individually from the server into .tmp
files and then imports them into the messages.tbb file. Once they are
in the messages.tbb, the .tmp should be deleted. Sometimes they are
not - but since you said all messages are there now, the .tmp files
are indeed no longer needed.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 5.4
under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1