On occasion I will draft a message that I do not send.  I place it in the
outbox for later reference for the content, but there is no intention to mail
the letter.   Most of these messages have the "to" field completed with the
originally intended recipient.   Sometimes I will have sent an alternate note
to the person; sometimes I will just pick up the phone and (horrors) actually
have a live conversation with the individual.  Today, however, I have
discovered, due to two e-mail replies and one telephone call, that at least
three of these outbox messages were sent within the last 24 hours.  The sent
messages do not appear in my "sent" folder and the recipients report that the
date of the note is the original date, such as November 1, 2013.

Why is my outbox sending out its messages?   Should I assume all outbox
messages in all accounts were sent?   (I have over 24 different e-mail
accounts.)   What is going on?

Avram Sacks

Skokie, IL