Hello Adrian,

On Monday, October 06, 2014 you wrote:

AG> Friday, October 3, 2014, 6:27:34 PM, you wrote:

>> I am seriously considering buying an authorized copy ($99 from Newegg)
>> of Windows 7 and trashing Windows 8 on this new machine.  I will
>> contact ASUS tech support to see if the machine will even let me do
>> that.

AG> First  thing to do with any new PC is format the hard disk and install
AG> the  OS yourself. Unbelievable the junk that gets pre-installed at the
AG> factory.  Even more unbelievable that there is no CD for the OS in the
AG> box.
AG> Easy way to test before you buy Windows 7. Put any Linux Live CD in the
AG> PC and see if it boots to Linux. If it doesn't, you may have to change
AG> the boot order in the BIOS.

That would be a good idea if I had any Linux Live CDs.  However, that
may be putting the cart before the horse as several things have
happened recently to change my thinking.

First, I performed a SAFE BOOT into Win 8 and found that the message
display-delay after a status change (READ to NOT READ or vice versa)
disappeared.  No more message display-delay, at least in a SAFE BOOT.
The inability to enter what I thought was the original key block
problem still exists however even in SAFE BOOT.  So it's possible that
I may be able to determine what's getting loaded on boot-up that's
messing up TB.

Second, I received an email this am from RIT Labs telling me that they
had sent my wife an email containing her correct key block.  I have
yet to confirm this.  RIT Labs goes on to say that version 6.0.12 is
compatible with Win 8 and they suggest downloading and installing it
before downgrading the OS.  The key block they supposedly sent should
be accepted by v6.0.12.  We'll see.

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll keep this list posted as to the
outcome of all this.

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1