Saturday, November 22, 2014, 8:07:10 PM, you wrote:

> I would have thought the root certificate belonged in a single AB
> entry in the "Trusted Root" address book. (Assuming you have done your
> due diligence and came to the decision you actually do trust the
> certificate and the CA behind it.)

Also  something  to  try, but as it seems the SMTP server is different
from  the  name in the certificate, I think this means I still have to
change the SMTP server name in each email account accordingly.

I'm  not  going to do it now. I think I will sleep on it as to whether
to use CryptoAPI or the addressbook.

Adrian