Saturday, February 20, 2016, 2:35:54 PM, Jack wrote:

JSL> Hello TBUDL'ers,

JSL> Well apparently I've finally downloaded and installed the correct
AntispamSniper
JSL> thanks to everybody who helped with this. I now have an ASS toolbar where
there
JSL> wasn't one before.

That's a good sign.

JSL> I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to work however. I used
JSL> Dispatch-mail-on-server to get the server to download one of the offending
JSL> emails and when it arrived I selected it and clicked on MARK AS JUNK in
the ASS
JSL> toolbar. The email disappeared but DID NOT go into my JUNK folder as I
thought it
JSL> would.

When I mark junk it goes to a folder called "Junk mail". I'm not sure how that
gets created or how the routing goes.

JSL> Thinking that marking the email as junk would set a flag for ASS, I
downloaded
JSL> another from the same sender and it simply appeared in my inbox as normal.
JSL> expected ASS to catch the email and automatically move it to the JUNK
folder
JSL> before it ever got to the inbox

JSL> I'm obviously missing something about how ASS is supposed to work.

You have to train the filters. I don't think there's an exact figure, but it
might be a hundred messages or so before you start seeing somewhat consistent
filtering. Just continue marking spam and check the junk folder and mark false
positives as not junk.