The  error  messages  is clear, but where do I find the certificate so
that I can see what is actually in there?

SEND  - This certificate is self-issued.
SEND  - TLS handshake failure. The server host name ("smtp.xxx.xxx") does not
match the certificate.

I  don't get any warnings about the certificate or options to view it,
but  only  those  error  messages  in the account log for the affected
email address.

The hosting uses PLESK as the control panel
My email client is The Bat Professional Version 7.

It's only a problem for sending. POP works.

Thanks in advance

Adrian