Hi Jack,

JSL> Hello TBUDL'ers,

JSL> My wife tried to attach an .MP4 video (which resided on her desktop) to a
new
JSL> email and received an "out of memory" error. I had her close then re-start
TB!
JSL> but the same thing happened again. Any ideas why this would be happening?

My guess is that the size of the file is not the problem. Therefore
recommendations for external programs, apps and websites will not
help.

Instead, the problem is that the indices used by TheBat have become
corrupted and TB needs to be told to re-create them. As long as the
corrupted index files exist, it will spit out the out of memory error
upon start up.

I'm not sure if there is a flag that can be set using the command
line, when starting TB from the command line, or if one or more of the
files in your directory structure will have to be deleted (to force
the corresponding mail database to be re-indexed). Fortunately, TB
keeps the indices external to the mail databases...I just don't know
which extension those index files use.

My recommendation is to wait for someone with such knowledge to
respond and I hope this message has gotten the conversation going in
the direction of a real solution. Hopefully, you know your own
directory structure well enough to know which directory contains the
Outbox or Sent directory with the corrupted index.

--
Thanks,
David