Hello Ian,

On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 you wrote:

IAW> G'day  Jack,

IAW> On Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 9:27:14 AM, you (Jack S. LaRosa) wrote:

JSL>> Hello TBUDL'ers,

JSL>> I've recently noticed that TB! no longer catches mis-spellings as it once
did.
JSL>> It dosn't seem to matter what editor I'm using. I can deliberately
mis-spell
JSL>> something or even just type a string of random characters, TB! ignores
JSL>> everything. Could I have inadvertently disabled the dictionary somehow?

IAW> Same here.

IAW> It only checks a paragraph once you press the Enter key.

IAW> Not only that but this happens with a HTML message. A plain text message
IAW> does the check when you press the space bar.

IAW> Then with HTML, as soon as you pick back into the paragraph that flagged
IAW> errors, ALL the spelling marks lose their markers (the red squiggly
IAW> underline), and you have to press the enter again.

IAW> Also, there is no way of creating a personal dictionary as in the past. I
IAW> had a whole lot of engineering terms that I no longer get checked because I
IAW> can't add those words to a custom dictionary.

So, as a last resort, I had to actually search for the answer for myself. What I
found was that the dictionary controls are available only when composing a
message, as far as I can tell. Please see attached (I hope) screen grab. If you
are able to see the attached photo you'll see that SPELL CHECKER is in the top
menu bar. Clicking on that option yields the context menu you see. Although
AUTOMATIC CHECKING seems to be selected, I clicked on one of the other options
and then back to AUTOMATIC CHECKING. From that point on (as you can see) the
spell checker started working. Also, right-clicking on a flagged word brings up
a context menu which includes the option to add the word to the dictionary.
Given that you and I are using widely separated versions of TB!, YMMV.

I have no idea why it stopped working to begin with but at this point I'm taking
what I can get.

--
Regards,
Jack

The Bat! E-Mail Client by Ritlabs version 6.0.12
Windows 10 Home Build 9200