On Friday, December 16, 2022, 10:22:40, Avram Sacks wrote:

> As an attorney, I am frequently needing to cite statute and regulation
> subsections in e-mails. Often, I need to type a "c" within parentheses in
> order to indicate a particular section's subsection, such as SSA § 202(c).
> However, in normal typing, "(c)" automatically changes to "©" unless I use a
> work-around by typing a space between the "c" and one of the parentheses, and
> then, later, using the backspace key to close up the space.  This is tedious!
>   How can I turn off this "feature?"  I see nothing in the "Preferences"
> window that addresses this.
This seems to be a feature of the PureHTML editor, and I haven't found a way to
turn it off. If you switch to RichText editor instead (which is slightly more
limited), the changing doesn't happen.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >
If the assumptions are wrong, the conclusions aren't likely to be very good.