Hi Katsmeow,

On 13 July 2000 at 14:48:38 GMT -0500 (which was 20:48 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "More newbie Questions":

K> Thought of two more.

K> 1.  Quick Templates look great to me and I want to use them.  However,
K> when I start to type in one, it is all one line and the line does not
K> wrap.  Also when I insert it in my message it does not wrap.  It does
K> wrap for the recipient but that doesn't help me.  I need to be able to
K> have it wrap on the screen for me as I need to customize the exact
K> language so need to be able to see it.  For example, in Eudora I have
K> stationary where I have set up a form letter to send to people who buy
K> books.  I fill in manually the amount.  I am having problem setting up
K> a quick template as it is hard to do this when it won't wrap during
K> creation or when I insert it.  I am sure I am doing something
K> wrong...but what?

It  will  wrap  automatically  during  if  you  have  auto-format  and
auto-wrap  both  enabled  for  the  editor.  Otherwise  you can insert
returns into the quick template at will. Also you can prepare the text
in  a  dummy  message,  cut it and finally paste it into the new Quick
template.

Following  use of an unformatted Quick Template in a message, a simple
Alt-L (or Alt-J) keystroke will reflow the text.

K> 2. If I want only unread messages displayed, do I have to manually
K> set that each time the program opens by going to View and then
K> Display or can I set a default for only unread messages to show?

This  is  a  new Universe. The Bat has the ticker. The ticker contains
all  unread  messages  (from  all  folders  that  may  be  selected to
contribute their new mail content to the ticker - see folder options).
When  you  open  new  mail  from  the ticker, you are presented with a
single  "virtual"  folder  containing *only* the new mail. There is an
interesting keyword in here regarding "from all folders" ISFA messages
can be pre-filtered and still gathered to one place for mass-viewing.

I  find this facility far more versatile than any other scheme by far.
Of course, that's just my opinion and others may well disagree.

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>