Hi Ming-Li,

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:32:01 -0700, you wrote:

>>   I have been used filter for rewriting (via external proggie)
>>   incoming messages but it has no effect, why ?  Or it's normal
>>   and this action only for custom message saving ?

ML> I'm not sure but I think the "run external program" action in a
ML> filter is just that: it save the message as a temp file and send it
ML> a the designated program as a parameter, but it won't re-import it
ML> after the program finishes the job, not even if you check the "wait
ML> for completion" option.

The External program must import it back to TB! with the commandline
parameter.

So Setup the filter Action for starting the external Program, the
external program reformat the message and at the end it call:

thebat.exe /IMPORTU="accout";F="folder";IN="file.msg";DEL';

See the Help for the syntax.

cu,
 Dirk

--
Using The Bat! 1.45 Beta/10 (S/N 12A1F196 / Educational) under Windows 95 4.0 Build
1111  B