Hi Ming-Li,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:50:58 -0700, you wrote:

ML> It gets trickier, however, when it comes to outgoing mail filter,
ML> since the filter is only triggered when TB is actually sending it
ML> out. Can it be done should I want to do something to my message
ML> "prior to" sending it on an automatic basis? The .bat trick still
ML> works, but it can't prevent TB from sending out the original
ML> (unmodified) message. Is there a way to get around this?

If i understand you right you want to modify the messages you send
before the bat send them.

AFAIK that is not possible.

But i am doing this with a local Mail/News server. Thats a program
that rum on your PC and work like a mail server. You send your mails
to the server "localhost" the program recive the mail and store it in
a file on the HDD, then you can modify it and run the command to send
this out. This can be automated by Scripts.

I am using "Hamster" for this, it need some time to setup this, but it
is really powerfull:
http://freebee.home.pages.de/
This is free and work really fine.

If you only want to change the X-Mailer: Header or add some new
xherders search for a program called IIRC xray (scan this list archive
for this).

cu,
 Dirk

--
Using The Bat! 1.45 Beta/11 (S/N 12A1F196 / Educational) under Windows 95 4.0 Build
1111  B