Hi Marck,

> I  keep them all and have 64k+ in my message base at present. IMHO
> The best method for handling high volume folders to have come up
> so far is to  have a main and archive folder and let a filter copy
> incoming mail to  both. Give the "main" folder a size or time
> limit to keep the size down.  This  makes  it easy to browse
> "current" mail yet still have an easily accessible archive.

The downside for this approach is you loose everything done in the
main folder. Replied, parked, flagged, marked with color, priority
changed, or deleted--everything done to a message won't be reflected
in the archive folder.

I, too, have an archive folder for every high volume folder. I
manually move messages from the main folder to it once a while. This
approach doesn't have to downside mentioned above, but it's not
automatic.

To have a perfect archive solution, something has to be done at the
RITLabs' end. Let's keep wishing.

Ming-Li

Using The Bat! 1.45 Beta/11 under Win2k