Thursday, August 10, 2000, 5:04:59 PM, Curtis, wrote:

C> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:53:38 -0500, Joe Finocchiaro wrote:

SL>>> But, of course, don't take my word for it, chances are I'm just yanking
SL>>> your chain.

JF>> Steve, I wouldn't take your word for *anything.*

JF>> Not if it was chipped in granite, gilded in gold, or just scribbled
JF>> on the wall of an outdoor crapper somewhere.

C> Living dangerously Joe? :-/ Didn't you read the Moderators post earlier.
C> Now is *definitely* not the time.

I thought my reply was well within bounds, Curtis, I rewrote it
several times, in fact, to get it there.

The above is *sarcasm,* sarcasm in direct response to Lamb's own sarcasm, and
I thought sarcasm was allowed?

If not, why allow Lamb's?

Apparently he can't write a message without being sarcastic.

There was no name-calling, no vitriol, no personal attack, I didn't
ask him to "do" anything, etc.  I just said I wouldn't take his word
for anything.

Could you please point out the specific violation of the "new" rules?

I admit that I can't stand this guy, and I wish he would never again reply
to one of my posts (no, I don't need nor want his help), and he does enjoy "yanking
my chain" because he's always gotten away with yanking everyone's else's chain.

And if you're/the moderators going to continue to let him yank my chain,
just tell me, okay?

I'll find another group from whence to get help with TB, or I'll just
ditch TB altogether and go back to Eudora.

But I'm not going to let him (or anyone else here, for that matter)yank my
chain without me responding accordingly.

I moderate several mail lists myself, I know it's a big PITA to be a
moderator, but I would have permanently banned a person like Lamb a
long time ago -- they just aren't worth having around.  They lose you
many more subscribers than they ever bring you.

No, no one will miss my contributions to this mail list, because I
have very little to contribute at this point.  And maybe you think
Lamb's contributions here are worth letting him get away with murder,
that's certainly your/the moderators prerogative.  It's your list.

But *I'm* just *not* going to put up with it silently, and if I have to
get bounced or leave voluntarily, so be it.

Just let me know what you/the moderators decide.

--
Joe Finocchiaro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>