Hello Christian,

On  Friday, September 15, 2000  at  01:47:19 GMT -0500 (which was 11:47 PM
where I live) witnesses say Christian Dysthe typed:

 <snip unfortunate story of lost mail>

>   I do not know how it could be done, but it should be a way to make
>   The Bat! not expire mail, or at least prompt you, if the time and date
>   changes drastically from one session to another since the result may
>   be so "dramatic".

 But what is dramatic?  What if you just don't start up TB for a
 couple of weeks?  (I know, nobody on this list would dare leave their
 e-mail for a vacation, but it could happen.)  TB is just doing what
 you told it to do.  Always remember that famous last word, backup.

 The only way to protect yourself sufficiently is backups.  That way,
 you set the schedule, and you decide what's important.

>   I do not "blame" The Bat! for this happening to me, but I would love
>   the program even more (is that possible?) if it didn't let me be
>   that foolish! :)

 Mass deletions could be treated with caution, but I think that's
 something the program really should not enforce on its own.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.46