Hi Januk

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:37:48 -0700GMT
   (which was 16/09/2000, 12:37 +0100GMT for me),

you wrote:

JA> But the only way messages expire is if you purge the folder.  Purging
JA> automatically compresses the folder as well.  So...

Not always:
The 'purge on exit' option (in the folder-options) does not compress
your folders...
The 'purge all folders' option (main menu/folder) does compress
them...

So you might be lucky :-)
--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

 Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/5 on Windows NT 5.0 build 2195 Service Pack 1
 with a Amd Athlon 700 @ 256 MB & 23Gb Hd