At 19:54 16-09-2000 -0700, Januk Aggarwal kindly wrote:
 >Hello Karin,

 >> 'Cept that I don;'t always read on the spot, and then
 >> new massages get added to old (unread) messages.
 >> That's where new and old start getting diffuse. I
 >> don;t want that. I want my mailer to say that I've
 >> recieved do many here and w\so may there.

 >You can have TB run a separate application each time a given filter is
 >run.  With a suitable scripting language, you may be able to achieve
 >the result you want.  Nick was only pointing out the possibilities
 >with the *current* implementation.

I am not sure that I follow you...
        Yes, I discovered that TB's filters are quite
powerful and that you can invoke other prgrams through
them. And yes, I can play soundfiles whenever mail for
TB arrives in its designated folder. But ion the end
that would create quite a racket, and all I want is
some kind of summary -- esp. in the morning, when I
fire up my mailer and have 37 messages arriving.
        As I said: the new messages feature doens't work for
me, becasue within folders I don't always read
immediatelty, and in TB those mailboxes will
invaribaly show _all_ that is unread as new. While I
am looking for a feature that shows me what is new, not unread.

</me apologises again for being demanding>

- K -

--
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said
Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra.'"