DL>> You know how email is wrapped at 82 characters by standard.

> Well, the recommended character limit is 80. But RFC standards state
> a range of 60-80 characters that is acceptable. This is a 'should'
> standard, not a 'must'. :-)

Knew it was something like that :)  Not sure where 82 came from,
perhaps it's what one of the Linux ones took as a standard.

DL>> You know how in TB, whilst you're editing a message it wraps the
DL>> words just nicely to fit. However - what if I was to go back to the
DL>> above paragraph and add a few words to the first line? In TB, the
DL>> line just gets longer than 82 characters and you have to do a manual
DL>> ALT-L to put the paragraph back in place.

> This is without auto-format enabled.

How long's that been lurking there?  All this time and I never noticed
it ;)

> Try enabling autoformat but *fasten your seatbelt* when you do it
> because you may be in for some jolts of surprises. :-)) To help tamper
> the anguish, remember that TB!'s editor denotes separate paragrahs by a
> blank line. The autoformat will, unrelentingly <g>, without remorse
> <vbg>, keep the line length as the user defined. You'll see what I mean.

I do see what you mean :-)  There are times when I leave a line and
times when I don't depending on how important I think it is to start a
new paragraph... time to adapt or leave it :)

> When I saw the advantage to using a fixed width font, I went on the
> net to find a decent enough looking one and have.

Courier new is nice enough for me!

--
Deryk Lister  ||  ICQ 25869912  ||  www.deryk.co.uk
"But what fun is destruction if no precious lives are lost!" -- Kefka

PGP welcomed - you can get the key from my automated link:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=GetMyPGPKey
You may also get the keys from reputable keyservers.