On Friday, September 22, 2000, 11:57:41 AM, Marck wrote:

> Being  "different"  is  no  sin. We all agree that proportionality
> has its'  place.  That  spot  is not available in V1. The
> programmers have seen  this  gripe  from,  oh,  I'd guess at
> around 99.95% of *all* new users. Seriously! *Everyone* says it.
> That's why the arguments against it get so terse.

Then I would say it's a misconception. I didn't complain about this
as a new user (yes, I checked my archive just to make sure), and
I've seen many others who didn't. I guess it's such misconception of
new users always asking for "evil" things that's behind the
occasional hostility toward such questions.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1