On Friday, September 22, 2000, 4:47:39 PM, Deryk wrote:

> Some interesting notes :)  In general it works with "most" cases
> so that's good enough for me.  The heroic AMEOL wasn't magic
> either (nor was it as good as TB overall, it just had some neat
> ideas).

> I'm more than happy with the results of this filter. Of course if
> anyone comes up with something which works even better (or indeed if
> it's implemented in the next version) I'll be most pleased.

Me, too. I seriously doubt it can be down "flawlessly", however.
There's no way for an email program to know exactly who is following
up on you, except through the In-Reply-To and Reference fields in
the headers, which you've already done. My method works only under
certain condition (uniqueness of name in a given mailing list) of
which the existence is impossible for the program to determine.
Consequently, in a mailing list where your name isn't quite unique,
and there are lots of people using web-based email, I can think of
no way for a email program to know who is following up on you.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1