Wednesday, September 27, 2000, 1:42:57 AM, scriptur:
> From: Paula Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Question about connections queue

>> What seems to be lacking is the option to delete Actions (or Tasks, if
>> you  will)  from the queue _before actually connecting_. You can do it
>> once  you've  confirmed connecting, but if you've noticed by then that
>> it's the wrong account, why would you have to ?
> On the Menu bar, Options|Show Dial-up Monitor|Automatically. Under the
> Queue tab, click on the action, press Delete button.

Thanks, Paula - I probably haven't made my problem completely clear. I
had  the  automatic  Monitor  Show  activated already, but the problem
(bug?)  seems to lie in the order of events. Here's another attempt of
a description:

[in  having  multiple  accounts,  that is] 1. Press Get New Mail [ and
either  select  one account, e.g. 'A', or automatically address to the
account  'A'  as  you're  active  in  it  at  that  moment  ]  (In the
background:  Get  Mail  from  'A'  -  Task gets into first position in
queue)  2.  "Connect to [A]" window pops up 3. Realize that it's A not
B,  change  my  mind  and press Cancel - with the only other option in
that  "Connect to [A]" window being to connect (which I don't want any
more,  with  A) (Note that _invisibly_ and _unalterably_ - which is my
whole  point! -, the Get Mail from 'A' task remains (!) in the queue [
unfortunately, that is the idea of a queue: postponing actions but not
the  intention.  Essence  of  my problem: I have lost the intention to
Connect  to  [A],  but  how do I tell the queue? ] 4. Try and Get Mail
from  'B':  "Connect  to  [A]"  !!!  window  pops up. ( Why? Because I
haven't  been  able  to actually _get_ to the queue and remove the Get
Mail  from  'A'  task.  I have now added a Get Mail from 'B' task, but
this will remain second in order. )

Problem  or  bug:  it  turns  out I can only actually edit the Actions
(Tasks)  queue  (and  remove  the  Get  Mail from 'A' task, in my very
realistic  example)  by clicking " OK " in the above, causing the next
pop-up to appear which is called " Dial-up " and includes everything I
wish  for  (and  wish  to  edit  in order to remove the wrong Get Mail
task);  the  window thus that contains the queue which has always been
hidden  up to that point. _BUT_ as soon as " Dial-up " pops up, I hear
my modem ticking: my machine starts dialling up. To the wrong account,
as I haven't been able to Remove the wrong task so far.

O.K.,  clicking " Abort " in that second window will remove everything
queued  and  cancel  the attempt to connect, but still: this should be
possible to achieve before the modem actually starts dialling, IMHO.

My  question remains: has anyone got the same problem (or do you folks
never  accidentally want to fetch mail from the wrong accounts maybe?)
and is there a workaround in the Connections or Network Settings?

What I'm looking for as _put into one phrase_:
how to delete tasks in the Get Mail queue without actuallig starting
to dial up the connection.

Thanks.

--
 Best,
 Marc

 v1.46c W95B PII266
 - always late due to receiving TBUDL in digest mode -

 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]