Hello Marck

On 27 September 2000, at 16:37, you wrote

JR>>           As  for  pulling the name text after "from" in a digest,
JR>>           would  this  process not become easier within a selected
JR>>           portion  of text, i.e. text in the clipboard which would
JR>>           generally  include  only  one  name?  If this is so, how
JR>>           would I apply a regular expression to selected text?

MDP> I  don't  think you can. You can perform a regexp on the quotable text
MDP> or the headers or the original text but not the clipboard.

I'm  pleased  to  hear  that.  I've been looking in the Help files and
searched  through  the FAQ but can't find anything that explains how I
would set up a regex to handle quotable text.

What  I  want  to  achieve  is  this: place the cursor after the first
paragraph  of  the  quoted text when composing a reply. I'd appreciate
any offers of help with this one. TIA

--
have a good day
   Charlie (ceejay)