Hello Jan

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:46:17 -0400, Jan Rifkinson wrote:

JR> I don't think I understand what you are saying below. For example,
JR> what are the "RE's" you reference? It looks like you are saying
JR> that I can use the %CLIPBOARD to replace the %TEXT expression but
JR> as the text is already selected by selecting the text from the
JR> digest, this isn't clear to me.

RE is the short abbreviation for regular expression

What i was trying to say is:
/1/ replace '%TEXT' with '%CLIPBOARD' in the REs for the date, the
address and the subject (see my other post for this) and put all three
REs in your reply template.

/2/ be sure you have somewhere in your reply template a %quotes macro

/3/ select the text containing date, senders address and subject and
copy it to the clipboard. As the RE extract from there, these lines
aren't required to stay selected.

/4/ now select the text you wan't to quote in your reply and press F4

/5/ the reply template should now have extracted date, address and subject
from the clipboard and quoted your selected text.

I hope my explanation was understandable. You know, i'm not a writer
and english is not my native language; i'm more used to make computers
understand me than humans ;-))

Regards

Peter
--