Dear Marck, Thanks for your email.

          On Wednesday, September 27, 2000 re: "custom quotes &
          search criteria" Marck wrote:

JR>>           As  for  pulling the name text after "from" in a digest,
JR>>           would  this  process not become easier within a selected
JR>>           portion  of text, i.e. text in the clipboard which would
JR>>           generally  include  only  one  name?  If this is so, how
JR>>           would I apply a regular expression to selected text?

Marck> I  don't  think you can. You can perform a regexp on the quotable text
Marck> or the headers or the original text but not the clipboard.

          Jan  responds:  So,  if  I  understand you, this means I
          might  be able to accomplish what I want from the quoted
          text  if  I include the From: information in the %QUOTEd
          portion  from  the  digest  which is something I do as a
          matter of course unless I want to rcv individual msgs.

--
Regards,
Jan Rifkinson