Hello Krister and TBUDL,

Thursday, September 28, 2000, 06:19:17, Krister wrote:

KE> So, if i'm correct here, if you add a set with multiple strings,
KE> this set becomes "and" but if you add many sets, the conditions
KE> become "or", was i right?

No -- *within* sets, strings are linked by AND.  No matter how many
AND strings a set includes, each *set* is an OR.  So on the
Alternatives page, you can include alternative (= OR) sets, and each
one of those sets can include multiple AND strings.

For example, let's say you wanted to flag every message to TBUDL from
yourself *and* every message from me. Here's one (simplified) way of
doing it (please note, I'm using vague definitions within the strings
below for the sake of making quickly):

on the main page:

string         Location      Present
TBUDL          Kludges       Yes
Krister        Sender        Yes

on the Alternatives page:

String          Location     Present
TBUDL           Kludges      Yes
Havivah         Sender       Yes

Action: flag

What this means is that any message that contains TBUDL AND Krister
--OR-- any message that contains TBUDL AND Havivah will be flagged.
Each set is an OR, but both sets contain two strings linked by AND.

HTH

Havivah